In this episode, Jim & Tyson interview Parker Layrisson, a personal injury attorney who runs his own law firm in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. Listen as they go over his car accident personal injury business and the importance of community marketing in a town like Ponchatoula. Also, his struggles running his firm, how his book has helped him, podcasting and more!
- Parker’s background
- Ponchatoula, Louisiana
- Small town lawyer
- Specialist that does 1 thing: car accident personal injury law
- The firm’s beginnings
- Started running a satellite office for a big law firm
- Went on his own about 10 years ago
- Took anything that walks in the door
- Parker’s mother got involved in a car accident, and it got personal for him
- Focused only on car accident personal injury
- A niche in a small town
- Lock down your tribe
- Community marketing
- The book: Accident Handbook
- Where are cases coming from
- 88% come from referrals: former clients, the list
- Intake: Gary Falkowitz
- Follow up and provide value
- Mentors and referral sources
- Goal: 10 cases a month
- The book and marketing
- The list
- Copies to former clients and referrals
- “The book is like a business card that you can put on a shelf”
- Book promotion in Times Square: a marketing hit!
- Parker’s biggest struggles
- Staffing issues
- Replacing marketing and legal assistants
- Work Life balance
- Young Guns Mastermind
- Supporting one another
- Achieve higher goals
- Time in the business and on the business
- More ON than IN
- 2 associates
- Podcasting: Parker has started a podcast!
- A podcast about stories of people that live in Ponchatoula
- Great way to get in front of people!
- The logistics of it
- Community marketing
- Fighting against bigger city attorneys
- Programs like Bikes for kids
- Advice for law students opening their firms
- The list: track all the people in your life and be meaningful about staying in contact with them
- Thank you notes
Jim’s hack: Any chance you have to throw a little party and connect with your people, it sort of strengthens the bond of everybody.
Parker’s tip: An app to send hand written notes: https://www.bond.co/
Tyson’s tip: Start tracking your goals and if you are doing the things you said you were going to do.
Do you want to get on the show? Shoot us an email or message us!
The Maximum Lawyer Podcast. Partner up, and maximize your firm.