In this episode, Jim & Tyson interview Josh Goldstein an Immigration Attorney and owner at Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, PC. Listen as they discuss about his business and how is it like to run multiple offices; intake, staff, marketing and more!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/maximumlawyer/Episode_124.mp3″ social_linkedin=”true” ]
Register to MaxLawCon19, June 6 and 7 in St.Louis.
- Josh finally planned a date night with his wife after Tyson’s tip about it in the last MaxLawCon18
- Josh’s history
- Big Law job after Law School; hated it, no control over it
- Pro bono made him realize he wanted to open his own shop
- Learned a lot from other solo lawyers in his first office building
- Josh as an Immigration Lawyer
- Picky about the cases hi takes on
- Scaling and processes
- Each case is different
- Associates and paralegals
- Josh’s firm in 10 years
- Growing pains
- High volume of calls; call center
- Intake problems
- Train your own staff for intake
- Intake success examples
- Immigration, Public Interest and Business
- Running offices in different places in the US, Los Angeles and Boston
- Good staff
- A lot of travelling
- Advice to people
- Accept the fact that it is not gonna work as well when you are not there
- Intake processes
- Marketing for multiple locations
- Running offices remotely
- What would Josh do differently?
- Initial marketing to make the phone ring
- Took California Bar exam
- Had to go back and learn all again
- Running the firm and growing the practice
- Love practicing Law
- The job: running the business
- The love: practicing love
Jim’s hack: A Podcast! The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Every single show has actionable takeaways that listeners can implement in their own life or business. We focus on topics around traffic, brand awareness, and business systematization but have been known to go pretty “off script” from time to time to discuss a wide variety of topics to help people improve their lives.
Josh’s hack: The Best Law Conference Josh has ever been to. MaxLawCon19.
Tyson’s tip: Go through your expense list, line by line, and see where are you wasting money. What are things that you are paying for, that you are not really getting any value from. Quit paying for them.
Do you want to get on the show? Shoot us an email or message us!
The Maximum Lawyer Podcast. Partner up, and maximize your firm.