This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This week on Maximum Mom, your host Elise Buie is joined by Kara McKeage. Kara McKeage is the founder of Pepper’s Personal Assistants, a sourcing and placement agency for highly vetted personal assistants. With the belief that support is not a luxury, support is a necessity. She is dedicated to helping professional women let go of the shame around outsourcing household tasks so they can find more time, feel organized and have peace of mind.
Kara provides a framework and mindset shift in releasing the fear of delegation and outsourcing household tasks and how to have a successful relationship with your personal assistants. With a team of 24 employees, Kara can share the importance of embracing support, leadership for remote teams, and taking actions that align with your core values. You can expect Kara to share lessons learned and key takeaways on life and business.
01:20 Meet Kara!
04:11 Getting support
09:30 When starting to delegate to a personal assistant
14:57 Accepting that you actually cannot do it all
18:30 When you are worried about providing too much care and raising entitled kids
21:42 Personal work need to happen in order to grow a business
23:48 How to create your core values
29:47 Feedback – one of the biggest leadership failures
📹 Watch the interview here.
Connect with Kara:
- Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live) by Eve Rodsky
- The Fair Play Deck: A Couple’s Conversation Deck for Prioritizing What’s Important Cards by Eve Rodsky
- Find Your Unicorn Space: Reclaim Your Creative Life in a Too-Busy World Paperback by Eve Rodsky
- Radical Candor: Fully Revised and Updated Edition: How to Get What You Want by Saying What You Mean by Kim Scott
- Join the Guild Membership
- Subscribe to the Maximum Lawyer YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join the Facebook Group
- Follow the Facebook Page
- Follow us on LinkedIn